Why sponsor WordCamp Asheville?
WordCamps, held throughout the world, are some of the most anticipated annual local events and we are proud to announce the first in Asheville NC! We expect attendees to arrive from within a 200-250 mile radius of Asheville, with the majority being local. Sponsorships are donations, given to support the cause and are a vital part of the resources (both cash and in-kind) that are needed to produce the event. Your contributions are the perfect compliment to the 1000s of volunteer hours that are contributed by local WordCamp organizers, enthusiasts and speakers.
By sponsoring the 2014 Asheville WordCamp, you show your support for the WordPress project and you also contribute to the growth of our local WordPress community. As a sponsor, you’ll gain unique visibility in a large, diverse, tech savvy crowd.
Who can be a Sponsor?
If you’re a designer, web developer or business using WordPress – you’ve probably already benefited tremendously from the free open-source software that powers your work. We would appreciate your “give-back” that will ultimately increase your network of potential clients, employees and cohorts.
If you’re a business that’s wondering if your clients and customers include the WordPress community – rest assured that they probably do (we’re everywhere!). Sponsors include technology stores, coffee shops, co-working spaces, hosting companies and ISPs, mobile phone stores, local breweries, restaurants (we work hard and play well with others – which involves a lot of social eating and drinking – and we will definitely remember your generous support!)
If you’re a business that supplies what we need (venue, food, drink, event insurance, printing, office supplies, etc.) an in-kind donation helps to minimize your investment in the community while maximizing your recognition as a generous supporter of WordCamp. Please let us know what you have to offer!
A few things you should be aware of when sponsoring the 2014 Asheville WordCamp:
- This is an all-volunteer, non-profit community event and our relationship with sponsors is one of partnership and mutual interest/respect. We will work with you to find creative ways to match your needs with ours to benefit both our attendees and your brand.
- If your brand represents a software product, it must be GPL friendly.
- Sponsors may apply but will not be guaranteed speaking spots. Remember, all presentations must be about WordPress to be included in WordCamp. (Seems obvious, huh?)
- Funds must be received before sponsorship will be announced to the public; and any excess sponsorship proceeds will be donated to the non-profit WordCamp Central Foundation for future funding of WordCamps.
- All sponsors will be recognized on our WordCamp website and social media. The Silver and Gold Sponsors will also have their logos on programs and any between-session slideshows.
- The larger your donation, the more recognition and acknowledgement you’ll receive on our website, social media and emails to attendees. It is also possible that you may have a space at a sponsors table and/or your “stuff” added to the “swag table” (subject to approval). However, please be aware that this is not a direct sales opportunity that you are purchasing – it’s a donation to our community efforts for which we are all very grateful!
Sign me Up!
Thank you for supporting WordCamp Asheville and the Asheville WordPress community.